It’s important for you to take the necessary steps to deal with water damage after a flood as soon as possible. The first twenty four hours after a flood is a crucial period for making sure that your New Castle, DE home is safe and to gather information for your insurance company in order to have an ideal outcome.
Here is a brief overview of the steps to take in the first twenty four hours after a flood:
- Make sure your home is safe. You should inspect for damage to the structure of your home, but exercise caution around utility lines and electrical wiring.
- Take pictures or record video of areas of your home that are damaged. Don’t remove any of the water or make repairs until you’re confident that you’ve documented all of the damage.
- After you’ve documented all of the damage, contact your insurer as soon as possible.
Once these steps have been taken, contact the water damage restoration experts at ServiceMaster by ARTec and let us handle the process of dealing with the water damage in your home.
Here’s how the process works:
- A trained technician will do an assessment of your home and create a strategy to effectively clean and restore the damage.
- Once a plan is in place, our professional technicians will remove and extract as much water as possible to make sure there is no additional mold and water damage to your home.
- The restoration team will use special equipment to dry and dehumidify all affected areas. It will also be cleaned and sanitized using an antimicrobial treatment.
- Once your home is sufficiently dried, we will work to repair any structural damage to your home.
The process of restoring your home to its normal state after a flood can be daunting. Let the professionals at ServiceMaster by ARTec in New Castle, DE make the process easier. If you experience water damage to your home please contact us right away.