If your home has smoke & soot damage, ServiceMaster by ARTec can arrive on site within a few hours to mitigate the damage.
That time frame is important because the longer smoke & soot damage lingers in your home, the more difficult it is to restore the home.
Today, the restoration professionals are going to discuss some of the reasons why speed and timing matter when it comes to smoke & soot damage restoration.
You’d think after a fire is put out, the damage would remain in the same state until the restoration begins. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Soot is made up of different elements and chemical compounds that react differently with other elements and chemical compounds found in the surfaces and items it interacts with.
The mixture of these chemicals can exacerbate the problem in ways such as:
- Increased embedding of stains
- Compromising structural integrity of walls
- Degrading precious materials, e.g., jewelry
And even if you take time on your own to attempt to clean these items, the problem will worsen until a professional arrives.
With smoke damage, its chemicals move through the air and continue to expand. Although not a solid material, smoke emissions can cause similar effects to the materials in your home such as soot. It also creeps into your ventilation systems and needs to be remedied before you and your family can inhabit your Media, PA home again.
In the event you need smoke & soot damage restoration, you can take the following steps to quickly solve the problem:
- Contact your insurer
- Document the damage with your smartphone camera
- Call ServiceMaster by ARTec
- Identify items you’d like removed from the home via content pack out services
- Find lodging (if applicable)
- Upon the completion of smoke & soot damage restoration, enjoy your home again!
To learn more or schedule an appointment, please contact us at (610) 626-9002.