Disasters can happen quickly and without notice, but occasionally, you’ll get a warning before the disaster hits. At ServiceMaster by ARTec, we help the New Castle, DE, area prepare for the worst and save their home and belongings with disaster restoration services. There are things a person can do to prepare and one of those is to put into place an emergency board up plan with us. We can sit down and write up the plan and put it into place so that if disaster were to happen, your home and belongings can be protected. This plan will include a disaster restoration plan to repair any resulting damage and perform debris cleanup.
There are many types of disastrous events where a forewarning may be possible, including wild fires, hurricanes or severe storms, high winds, and mudslides. In the event of a forewarning for a disaster, there are things you can do to prepare.
How to Prepare for a Disaster & Limit Need for Disaster Restoration
- Remove as many valuables as possible from your home, including furniture and electronics
- Prepare your house accordingly:
- For high winds board up the windows and doors
- For water or flooding move items to upper floors and place sandbags in front of windows and doors
- For fires remove as many valuables as possible
- For mudslides board up the windows and doors and place sandbags on the other side for added protection
- Listen to emergency officials. For most serious disasters, you’ll be required to evacuate, however, emergency officials may advise you not to travel
- Once it’s safe, assess the damage to your home
- Once you’ve determined the type of damage and the help you need contact us at ServiceMaster by ARTec
Disasters are terrible, and we’re here to make the disaster restoration process as painless as possible. We can help you with reconstruction and storm damage cleanup quickly, so your home is back to normal quickly. We’re here at all hours of the day or night, so for your disaster restoration needs in the New Castle, DE, area, give ServiceMaster by ARTec a call at (610) 626-9002.