ServiceMaster by ARTec Water Damage Repair in Philadelphia County
Frozen and burst water pipes are just two of the weather-related calamities that can befall homes and businesses during the frigid winter months. The main culprits causing frozen and burst pipes are the absence of heat or insulation near pipes, plus exposure to a flow of subfreezing air. When frozen pipes burst and create damage in your home or business, call the water damage repair experts at ServiceMaster by ARTec.
The unfortunate results from pipes freezing and bursting include rapid flooding and damage to floors, carpets, ceilings, furniture and anything else subjected to the spray or inundation of water. Home and business owners need to act fast because the more time that elapses before treatment, the greater the damage. With a quick response, you can save more items in your home or business that might typically be lost to water damage.
Water damage cleanup is among the many disaster restoration services ServiceMaster by ARTec offers in the Greater Philadelphia area. Based in Clifton, PA, and serving Delaware, Chester, Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties, ServiceMaster by ARTec has been providing professional disaster restoration services since the mid-1980s.
Following a water damage incident, our drying and restoration process may require up to three phases before completion. These steps include emergency service and site inspection, reinstallation/cleaning and structural repairs. Other services include water removal and drying, plus emergency disinfection and electrical and plumbing services.
To prevent water supply lines and pipes from freezing, it is highly recommended that home and business owners take the following precautions:
• Drain water from swimming pool and water supply lines according to manufacturer’s directions.
• Remove, drain and store hoses used outdoors.
• Check around your home or business for pipes and water supply lines that are located in unheated areas.
• Consider installing specific products to insulate water pipes. Examples of these products include UL-listed heat tape or pipe sleeves.
• Consider relocating exposed pipes to provide increased protection from freezing.
• Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night.
• Leave the heat on in your home or business set to a temperature no lower than 55° Fahrenheit if you will be going away during cold weather.
ServiceMaster by ARTec is prepared to handle your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year. Give them a call today at 610-626-9002.