At ServiceMaster by ARTec, we’re prepared to handle disaster restoration 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
In addition to that, we want to help you prevent disasters before they happen in the first place, which means you need different strategies to deal with different seasons.
Today, we’re going to discuss some spring safety tips to help you avoid the need for fire damage restoration in Philadelphia, PA.
Barbecues with friends and family can be a blast, as long as everyone stays safe. To make sure you avoid the need for fire damage restoration, please use the following safety tips:
- Keep children away from the grill at all times
- Do not grill near flammable items
- Clean your grill regularly
- For propane grills, check that the gas is turned off and hasn’t been running without ignition before you attempt to start it
- For charcoal grills, only use the amount of lighter fluid recommended on the bottle
In addition to barbecues, there are other spring-specific situations to look out for.
If you have an outdoor fire pit, you want to make sure you’re following these safety tips:
- Keep children away from the open fire at all times
- Have a bucket filled with water ready to go before you even start the fire
- Don’t throw leaves, pine cones, and other highly flammable materials into the fire pit
- When putting out the fire – except in the case of an emergency – don’t simply dump the entire bucket of water over the flame. Pour water on separate portions of the fuel and embers to avoid excessive smoke and flying embers.
Fireplace chimneys are another area of concern. Creosote build-up is common in chimneys, and after a long, cold winter of many warm, cozy fires, it can suddenly result in a chimney fire in the spring. As the indoor fireplace season comes to an end, springtime is a great time to have your fireplace and chimney professionally inspected and cleaned.
On top of these items, keep fire safety tips such as checking smoke alarms, having a fire escape plan, and running drills with your family at your Philadelphia, PA home in mind at all times.
Hopefully these tips will ‘keep the heat off you,’ but in case you need fire damage restoration, please contact ServiceMaster by ARTec immediately at (610) 626-9002.