The professionals at ServiceMaster by ARTec in Philadelphia, PA have many years of experience in providing fire damage and smoke damage restoration services. We also like to provide you with helpful and useful information to help you prevent these disastrous events in the first place. Today we’ll talk specifically about some of the typical causes of home fires and how to avoid them.
- Cooking equipment accidents – Grease fires are especially pernicious and they spread rapidly. Make sure to pay attention while you’re cooking and never leave anything on your stove unattended. A couple seconds of neglect can have a catastrophic result.
- Smoking – Smoking is an unhealthy habit for your body that can also be damaging to your home. Common causes of fires are cigarettes and cigars that aren’t properly extinguished. If you can’t bring yourself to give up the habit, at least be sure to have an ample amount of ashtrays in your home so that your cigarettes and cigars are put out properly.
- Candles – Candles often cause house fires because they’re placed in an area where they can be easily knocked over or left unattended. If you’re going to burn candles in your home, make sure to place them in an area that’s clear of anything highly flammable.
- Faulty Wiring – It’s advised that you have the wiring in your home inspected regularly. The wiring in your home is subject to wear and tear just like anything else, and faulty or old wiring in your house can lead to potential fire damage down the road.
- Electrical Equipment Problems – Using too many outlets can overload your electrical circuits, which can lead to a fire in your home. It’s advised that you minimize the amount of items you have plugged it any one time. Also be sure to check your appliances to make sure they’re working properly because faulty appliances are a common cause for home fires as well.
ServiceMaster by ARTec is proud to serve the Philadelphia, PA area and provide fire damage restoration services in your time of need. If you do happen to suffer the damaging effects of a fire, contact us and let us help you take the first step down the road to recovery.