When you experience a disaster situation, it must be dealt with as soon as possible.
When you contact ServiceMaster by ARTec, we’ll arrive on the scene in a few short hours to mitigate the damage with disaster restoration. Just place the situation in our hands, let us take care of the problem, and enjoy your home when it’s restored.
There’s one item you’ll have to take care of on your own and we want to give you the knowledge to do so successfully.
Insurance is a necessity, but it’s not exactly a product most folks are eager to purchase or want to spend a ton of time dealing with.
That being said, it’s important to not only know the details of your insurance policy, but also to file your claims properly and get the maximum amount of coverage after disaster restoration services are performed.
Here are some tips to help file an accurate claim:
- Call your insurer immediately
- Review your policy – You want to make sure you understand your policy, which types of damage are covered, your deductible, and any fine print including exclusions. With this information you can make sure you’re thoroughly covered.
- Document without disturbing – When you document damage for the insurance company, you want to do so without altering the state of your Media, PA home in any way. Also, you should only document the damage if it’s safe to do so.
- Gather needed information – You’ll have to gather different pieces of information for your insurance claim, including but not limited to:
- Date of the damage
- Type of damage
- Location of the damage
- Police reports and other related documents
- Receipts documenting the restoration process
- Complete list of all damaged items
- Receipts for lodging and meals if the damage forced you out of your home
Throughout the process, make sure you’re following the directions of your insurer and meeting deadlines.
Find Professional Disaster Restoration Help
If you’re in need of disaster restoration services in Media, PA, please contact ServiceMaster by ARTec immediately at (610) 626-9002.