After any biohazard incident, you need to hire experts to carry out biohazard cleanup. ServiceMaster by ARTec experts have the necessary experience and technical knowledge to select the correct cleanup procedure for disinfecting and decontaminating your home in West Chester, PA.
Here, we examine the steps that experts take when performing cleanup and disinfection to remove Clostridioides difficile (C. diff) from a home.
Biohazard Cleanup and Its Associated Challenges
- diff is a type of highly contagious bacterium that results in various health problems and is able to survive on inanimate surfaces for about five months.
Moreover, C. diff easily spreads via contaminated surfaces and objects, making it necessary for experts to take immediate steps to disinfect and decontaminate a home and its belongings.
The Disinfection Process
Our experts understand that if they have to clean up C. diff spores, then they need to use a disinfectant that is registered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to be a spore-killing disinfectant. In addition, our technicians ensure that the disinfectant is allowed to remain over a surface for the specified dwell time to provide the most effective results.
Moreover, our professionals utilize a four-step process when cleaning and disinfecting a home. The steps are:
- Step 1- Pre-treatment: The first step consists of applying sporicidal disinfectant using an electrostatic sprayer. This pre-treatment helps protect technicians when they start the actual cleanup work.
- Step 2 – Biofilm Removal: The sprayed disinfectant creates a biofilm, which experts remove during the cleaning process. Using emulsifying surfactant helps break the biofilm, and then technicians use woven wipes to thoroughly clean all the surfaces.
- Step 3 – Clean Rinse: After the cleaning process is complete, all surfaces are given a clean rinse using microfiber towels and fresh water.
- Step 4 – Final Treatment: As a final step, the sporicidal disinfectant is reapplied using an electrostatic sprayer to completely disinfect all surfaces that have been treated in earlier steps.
To summarize, C. diff cleanup and disinfection is a complex task that requires technicians who have a thorough understanding of the procedures in order to achieve the desired results. Experts at ServiceMaster by ARTec have the required training and experience to perform effective biohazard cleanup tasks in different situations.
If you are facing such biohazard issues, then give us a call on our customer support number at (610) 626-9002, and our experts will reach your home in West Chester, PA, perform the necessary analysis to evaluate your situation, and quickly start the process to completely disinfect your home.