ServiceMaster by ARTec has the knowledge and skills to effectively restore Philadelphia, PA homes that have been subject to water damage. We utilize several techniques and strategies to help dry and restore your home to its pre-water damaged state. We understand how disastrous water damage can be, and our job is to not only restore your home, but to restore your peace of mind. With that in mind, we’d like to offer you a few tips on how to prevent water damage in the first place:
- Be Careful Where You Plant – It’s important that you strategically plant trees and other plants away from water lines. Some plants have highly invasive root structures and can grow into your sprinkler system, drainage fields, pipes, and septic tanks.
- Clean Your Roof Gutters – Having clogged gutters can make your home more susceptible to water damage when it rains. If your gutters are clogged during a storm, water can spill into your home’s foundation, through the roof, or down to your basement
- Pay Attention to Your Water Bill – An unusually high water bill can indicate there is a leak somewhere in your home. There are so many pipes that are behind the walls and floors of your house that you may not notice a leak until it’s too late. Paying attention to your water bill will help you to spot any red flags.
- Be Careful With Drain Cleaners – Having clogs in your drains is inevitable, but you have to be careful with drain cleaners and chemicals. It’s best to use a drain snake if you can; repetitive use of caustic chemicals can eat away at your pipes and eventually cause a leak.
- Never Pour Grease Down Your Sink – This is something you’ve most likely heard before, but it’s worth hearing again. Pouring grease down your sink can cause serious damage if the grease congeals to the pipe structure and causes a major blockage. It’s best to just let the grease solidify and throw it away.
We hope that these tips are helpful for preventing water damage in your Philadelphia, PA home. It’s great to be prepared, but in case you do suffer water damage, contact the professionals at ServiceMaster by ARTec. We’ll be there to restore your home as quickly and effectively as possible.