Hopefully your New Castle, DE home will never need to have mold removal services performed.
Mold can present health risks in the form of allergy aggravation, respiratory problems, worsening of asthma symptoms, and many others.
It’s in the best interest of you and the members of your New Castle, DE home to take preventative measures against mold growth.
Today we’re going to share some tips to help you keep your home mold free. If you ever find yourself facing a mold infestation, you can rest assured knowing a mold removal expert is one call away.
- Check your home’s humidity – Excessive moisture caused by humidity can trigger mold growth. Installing a humidity monitor in your home will help you keep humidity levels below a point that will lead to mold growth.
- Check exposed pipes – Leaky pipes are a common cause of water damage, which is a precursor to mold growth. Check exposed pipes for potential leaks. If you find excessive water or mold damage, contact us immediately to fix the problem.
- Check your refrigerator drip pans and seals – These are often neglected yet common areas for excess moisture and mold to accumulate. Make a habit of cleaning these areas on a routine basis.
- Keep your basement dry – It may be wise to install a dehumidifier in your basement to reduce moisture. Basements are well known for causing mold growth because of the condensation that occurs due to lower temperatures.
- Clean underneath doormats – This is another area mold likes to accumulate. Mold underneath your doormats can even cause damage to the hardwood flooring beneath them.
- It’s hard to keep an eye on every square inch of your New Castle, DE home at all times, and even if you take all of the right preventative measures, you can still end up with mold growth in your home. When you come across mold damage, mold removal must happen as soon as possible.
If you’re looking to ensure the safety of your home, you can have it inspected from top to bottom for mold exposure and perform mold removal if necessary.
For mold removal or any other disaster restoration services, don’t hesitate to contact ServiceMaster by ARTec immediately at 610-626-9002.