Floor cleaning is essential to maintaining a clean and inviting appearance to your Media, PA home or business.
Today we’re going to share some quick floor cleaning tips you can use between calls for our professional floor cleaning services. While following a regular in-house cleaning schedule is very beneficial, there’s nothing equal to the look, feel, and quality of a floor that’s been professionally cleaned by ServiceMaster by ARTec!
- Laminate flooring – Dry mopping and vacuuming (with your vacuum on tile mode) are your best bets for keeping laminate flooring clean. You can also use a Swiffer or slightly wet mop for spot cleaning. Laminate floors should not be polished.
- Hardwood flooring – There are two different types of hardwood floors – polyurethane finish or wax finish. Wood floors coated with polyurethane can be cleaned using PH neutral soap mixed with water. Wood floors with a wax finish should not be exposed to moisture. Instead, sweep and dust mop on a regular basis.
- Linoleum flooring – A simple mix of dish soap and water in a spray bottle can do the trick for this type of floor. After spraying, wipe the floor with a damp microfiber mop.
- Vinyl flooring – The previous spray and damp mop technique works for this floor as well. You can also try mixing a fourth of a cup of vinegar mixed with a bit of dish soap and warm water.
- Carpets – Regular vacuuming is crucial for maintaining clean carpets. When it comes to treating stains, time is of the essence. Be careful not to use an aggressive rubbing motion to rid your carpet of stains. Your best bet is to blot the stain starting on the outer edges and moving inward. If your carpet has deep-set stains that can’t be removed through your own efforts, it’s time to use the help of ServiceMaster by ARTec.
These quick floor cleaning tips can help you in your efforts to keep your Media, PA home looking its best. In order to give your floors the deep cleaning they truly need, contact us today at 610-626-9002.